dSPACE offers end-to-end expertise in functional safety, test strategy development as well as verification and validation in complex E/E processes.
Verification and Validation Strategies
Testing state-of-the-art hardware and software requires modern test methods. dSPACE Consulting has decades of experience in efficiently implementing these methods, and it has built up a network of partners who cover a wide range of tasks, from test automation to homologation.
The dSPACE Consulting services include:
- Optimizing advanced test systems, from the software level to the vehicle level.
- Significant cost savings by detailed analysis of strategic measures such as test frontloading and test automation.
- Achieving the highest quality standards with an optimized tool chain.
- Access to a wide network of partners for completing large test automation projects, including extensive test case development.
Our experts are significantly involved in the development of the new standard that aims at ensuring the safety of the intended function ISO 21448 SOTIF and have also contributed to the current safety standard for functional safety ISO 26262:2018.
Safety: ISO 26262 & SOTIF
- Implementation and optimization of processes that demonstrably comply with ISO 26262 and SOTIF for all phases of development.
- Definition and qualification of test environments for HIL and mechatronic test benches.
- Classification and qualification of systems and software tools.
- Design of an ISO 26262-compliant model-based development (MBD) process for the highest ISO levels.
- Definition of test strategies for scenario- and requirements-based designs with professional risk analysis.
- Ensuring compliance with ISO/SAE 21434 and UNECE WP.29 by continuous security management for system vulnerabilities and risks.
- SIL/HIL test strategies and validation for virtual and real ECUs, validation of onboard communication between ECUs.
- Validation of the communication with the vehicle environment and interfaces such as WIFI, LTE/5G, and GPS.
- Over-the-air (OTA) update strategy for the support of continuous homologation processes.
To lead complex system development projects, you need vast experience in the relevant processes and detailed technical know-how.
dSPACE Consulting has successfully taken on the respective interim roles in a number of projects. These roles include:
- Safety management, risk management, quality assurance, and project lead
- System architecture engineering and verification, software development and verification
- Homologation process with our partners (TÜV)
dSPACE Consulting combines thorough theoretical knowledge with years of practical experience in implementation:
- Transformation from traditional software development to agile development (DevOps).
- Continuous integration, development, and test strategies that automatically meet the regulatory process requirements.
- Implementation of ISO 26262-compliant tool chains that support model-based development, including autocode generation, up to the highest safety level.
- Test strategy definition, test automation, and development and management of end-to-end tool chains for smooth MIL, SIL, and HIL integration.