This patch can only be installed on an existing RTI1005 or RTI1006 installation of dSPACE Releases 5.0 or 5.1.
Problems Fixed by This Patch
DS2211 boards shipped as of May 2006 are equipped with an ST10 CAN controller that
works at 36 MHz. For the DS2211, this frequency is NOT supported by the RTI CAN blockset and the RTI CAN MultiMessage blockset on dSPACE Releases 5.0 and 5.1.
Without installing the patch, wrong baud rate settings will be used for CAN communication on DS2211 boards having the ST10 CAN controller
Further Recommendations and Notes
- You have to reinstall the patch whenever you reinstall dSPACE Release 5.0 or 5.1.
- The available patch is compatible also with DS2211 boards equipped with a C167 CAN controller that works at 24 MHz. dSPACE recommends to install the patch also if you work with DS2211 boards having the C167 CAN controller. This ensures that real-time applications built with RTI CAN or RTI CAN MultiMessage can be used on both DS2211 board versions
- To let the installed patch take effect on an already existing application, you have to do one of the following:
- If you work with the RTI CAN blockset, open the related Simulink® model. In the model, open all the RTICAN Controller Setup blocks for CAN controllers of DS2211 boards. In the block dialog of these blocks, make a (small) modification and click OK to close the dialog. Finally, you have to rebuild the application.
- If you work with the RTI CAN MultiMessage blockset, open the related Simulink® model. In the model, open all the RTICANMM ControllerSetup blocks for CAN controllers of DS2211 boards. In the block dialog of these blocks, make a (small) modification and click OK to close the dialog. This lets the S-function for the block be recreated automatically. Finally, you have to rebuild the application