As a development engineer for FPGA-based real-time simulation of electromobility, you will be responsible for deriving, implementing, testing and qualifying physical models under Matlab/Simulink and the XILINX System Generator (XSG). The focus of your development activities is on components of electric drive technology, which are important components of electromobility.
The models you develop enable realistic closed-loop testing of control units at signal and power level. In addition to the central electric motor, model components such as drive converters and specific sensor simulations (e.g. rotary encoders) are also required for this. Thanks to generally valid model interfaces, the real-time models you develop can be freely combined. This enables flexible use depending on the specific target application.
- Derivation of mathematical descriptions considering the requirements for real-time simulation
- Development of specific approaches for the low-resource and low-latency mapping of non-continuous properties during model building
- Conceptual design and prototypical implementation of new ideas for real-time simulation of electrical drive components in MATLAB®/Simulink® and the XILINX System Generator (XSG)
- Further development and maintenance of existing real-time models and containing algorithms
- Qualification of overarching concepts with the development team to bring them to production maturity
- Intensive cooperation with users in the context of reference projects
- Successfully completed scientific or technical studies (master's/bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer science or comparable)
- Good knowledge in the field of electrical drive technology and power electronics
- Experience with model-based development under MATLAB/Simulink
- Systematic way of working as well as analytical and conceptual approach
- Basic programming knowledge (M, Python, C, ...) required
- Experience in dealing with real-time systems helpful
- Knowledge of programmable hardware (FPGA, ASIC, PLD) advantageous
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Good knowledge of English
What you can expect from us
- We work in international teams in an industry with a secure future.
- With the dSPACE mentoring program, we guarantee a targeted induction.
- We promote professional skills through individual training.
- We offer flexible working time models to ensure a good work-life balance.
- Our dSPACE Spirit: Everyone is on a first-name basis here. There are no dress codes. What counts for us is people.
dSPACE is a market innovator and leader in providing solutions and systems for embedded controller software development in Automotive, Aerospace and Manufacturing industries. Founded in Germany in 1988, dSPACE employs over 1,800 dedicated people worldwide, who are committed to making the embedded controls software development process more efficient through innovative tools and services.
Working at dSPACE means taking on challenging and varied tasks in a promising and exciting industry. With us, you have responsibility and can shape your personal career. A collegial and cooperative approach is as natural for us as the continuous development of your expertise.
If this job description appeals to you, we’re looking forward to receiving your complete résumé in English
(with desired salary and earliest possible date of commencement),
addressed to email@example.com