Bridging Data Flow Gaps Between IT and Development & Validation of Autonomous Driving
To allow highly automated and consistent data replay testing on software and hardware platforms and efficiently work in globally distributed development teams, the technology collaboration between Microsoft, Equinix, and dSPACE (including tools from the dSPACE group company Intempora) has resulted in a powerful solution that combines the best of three worlds.
The new hybrid solution consists of:
- ExpressRoute private network connection that provides ~100 Gbps connectivity between cloud services & HIL systems in the Equinix data center
- Azure Data Lake Storage Gen 2 built on Azure Blob Storage – a hierarchical namespace to service multiple petabytes of data while sustaining hundreds of gigabits of throughput.
- Azure Compute VMs: Both Linux & Windows on GPU, CPU, or FPGA.
- Data management and selection application based on IVS (Intempora Validation Suite), as a single interface for software and hardware data replay, enabling easy switching among different test methods
- Data replay HIL system, based on the modular SCALEXIO hardware and the Environment Sensor Interface (ESI) Unit, with support for all relevant sensor interfaces and networks
- RTMaps development and validation environment for multisensor applications: Acquire data from all sensors, and time-stamp, develop, and integrate processing and data fusion algorithms.
- Data center, interconnection, and digital services
- Process data at the edge, reduce data backhaul costs, avoid data privacy and regulatory limitations.