Experienced Account Manager with responsibility for ensuring order and sales revenue growth within dSPACE’s Aerospace and Defense market segment. The person in this role will be responsible for understanding customer’s needs, developing and closing new business opportunities and sustaining the sales revenue of existing business.
- Proactively pursue business opportunities with new and existing dSPACE customers
- Form and maintain strong, professional relationships with all departments of customer accounts through customer visits and other communications
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual booking and sales goals
- Develop and implement a travel plan that supports the business goals of the organization
- Be part of a cross-functional team, coordinate the resources of engineering, operations and other functions to meet customer expectations and achieve company objectives
- Be responsible to successfully move new business from RFQ to shipment for assigned accounts
- Actively participate in dSPACE marketing activities, including representing dSPACE at tradeshows, conferences, and other company events
- Provide market feedback to the engineering and product development teams to support new product design decisions.
- At least 5 – 7 years of consultative selling experience of controls design and/or software test equipment to OEMs and suppliers in the Aerospace and Defense market
- Ability to travel 25%+
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering
- Abilityto grasp and discuss the technical aspects of products with customers as well as customer applications with engineering team members
- Blend of business, application, customer focus and technical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge and/or experience in sales of model based development of embedded software tools a plus