Modular simulator concept, with off-the-shelf components according to your needs
- HIL-Systems tailored to your needs
- No limit regarding application range
- For testing complex single ECUs up to testing large ECU networks in any kind of application field
- Flexible and open hardware concept
- Freely expandable by any dSPACE I/O board
- High current applications (hybrid drives)
dSPACE Simulator Full-Size is mounted in a 19” cabinet whose height depends on your requirements. The dSPACE processor boards and I/O boards are mounted in a standard PX20 Expansion Box. The PX20 Expansion Box provides 20 slots for dSPACE boards. An additional Expansion Box can be integrated on request. Several PX20 Expansion Boxes can be integrated in a multirack system, so you never face restrictions on expandability.
Typical Fields of Application
- Engine, powertrain, and chassis.
- Comprehensive closed-loop tests on ECUs, release/acceptance tests
- Networked ECUs
- Special requirements, e.g., with high system flexibility, or high current applications
- Truck applications
- Racing applications (Formula One, rally)
- Electric motor simulation for hybrid or electric powertrains and electric steering system
- Battery management systems
Open Hardware Concept
The simulation model runs on the processor hardware (single-processor or multiprocessor systems). dSPACE Simulator generates and measures I/O signals via the integrated dSPACE I/O boards. The signal conditioning, loads, failure insertion units and power supply are also mounted in the 19” cabinet. The number of components, and their types, depend on your requirements and are configured to fit your application.
Connection to Host PC
All dSPACE software for setting up and controlling experiments or test automation runs on your host PC or notebook. The dSPACE Simulator hardware is connected to your PC via Link Boards (ISA, PCMCIA, or PCI).