- Modular Hardware
- I/O Boards
- Additional I/O Solutions
- Programmable Generic Interface (PGI1)
To connect sensors and actuators to dSPACE systems
- Generic interface box to connect sensors and actuators to dSPACE rapid prototyping systems via diverse serial interfaces and protocols
- Emulation of sensor signals (e.g. of yaw rate or crash sensors) with hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) simulation
- Highly flexible adaptation to customer requirements via piggyback modules and programmable FPGA
- Decentralized connection of sensors and actuators to dSPACE systems via 250 Mbit/s LVDS interface
- Configurable via Simulink® Blockset
Several Solutions Available
- SPI Master Solution (supports up to 4 masters) and SPI Slave Solution (supports up to 16 slaves) including Simulink blocksets
- I²C Master/Slave Solution (supports up to 16 masters and 256 slaves) including Simulink blockset
- Interface for direct coupling of dSPACE real-time platforms with LTi Drives servo controllers (LTi TWINsync protocol) including Simulink blockset
- PSI5 Master/Slave Solution (supports up to 4 masters and 10 slaves) including Simulink blockset
SPI and I2C Solution
In battery management systems, the sensors for cell voltage, current and temperature are often connected to the microcontroller via SPI or I2C. These buses are typically used in the electronic control unit (ECU), or the sensors are installed close to the ECU. Emulating sensors in a hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) system requires a decentralized, flexible solution that can be installed in a HIL system near the ECU for easy modeling of sensor-specific interfaces.
The Programmable Generic Interface (PGI) from dSPACE is an ideal FPGA-based platform for emulating interfaces such as SPI or I2C Slave and substituting the real sensors. If a project requires signal conditioning, this can be implemented by an integrated plug-on module. The resulting decentralized I/O interface can be galvanically isolated and connected to a HIL simulator or MicroAutoBox up to 5 m away by LVDS, and can be addressed from Simulink®.
LTi TWINsync Solution
The LTi ServoOne is a high-performance motor controller for precise, dynamic movement of a wide variety of linear and rotary motor systems. Two ServoOnes are synchronized via the LTi TWINsync protocol so that the TWINsync master can set the rotor position, speed, torque or duty cycles of the TWINsync slave.
The PGI LTi TWINsync solution is an interface for directly coupling dSPACE real-time platforms with LTi Drives servo controllers (LTi TWINsync protocol). A Simulink blockset is used to make the global interface settings.
Typical use cases are
- In-vehicle prototyping
- Electric motor HIL simulation on mechanical benches with linear and rotary motion load motors, e.g., for electric power steering