- Early validation of ECU software by PC-based simulation
- Comprehensive, realistic simulation of ECU network communication for CAN buses
- Seamless integration with RCP and HIL tool chains
- Openness through support of automotive standards
Running on a standard PC, VEOS gives function developers, software architects and ECU testers numerous new options for virtual validation in an early project phase.
- New functions can be integrated with the overall ECU software to test how they interact.
- A virtual test bench with powerful engine and vehicle dynamics models is constantly available for designing complex controller strategies.
- Complex vehicle and environment models can be integrated with virtual ECUs to simulate and test an entire virtual vehicle.
- In preparation for hardware-in-the-loop simulation, models and tests can be created and run on a PC inde-pendently of the HIL system.
Extension to the Tool Chain
VEOS works hand in hand with other dSPACE products to provide a complete, one-stop tool chain for the development and testing process. This means that tools and models which are commonly used in rapid control prototyping and HIL simulation can also be used in the virtual world. Similarly, layouts from HIL simulation can be reused in PC-based simulation with VEOS and vice versa. VEOS also provides open interfaces for users to connect and utilize their existing tools.