As an integral part of ModelDesk, the Road Generator graphically defines road segments and plans entire roads. Road segments are assembled and rearranged in a segment list. Each segment can have individual lateral and longitudinal profiles, and there are various options for configuring the road surfaces. Parameters are entered in graphical dialogs that display the road segment being configured. The results of the settings are immediately visible in a 3-D preview window. The Road Generator also creates a 3-D geometry file (VRML) that is used for online and offline animation in MotionDesk.
- Segment-based road definition
- Segment assembly in segment list
- Individual segment properties, like surface and profile
- Four longitudinal strips for defining friction areas or additional road profiles (bumps, etc.)
- 3-D road preview with three-dimensional navigation
- 3-D objects (VRML2) generated for use in MotionDesk