The Road Generator is the graphical user interface for defining road networks and sophisticated road features. Roads can be assembled from geometric segments or imported. Features such as lanes, intersections, height, inclination, surface condition, etc., can easily be added to a road by editing attributes that are displayed in 1-D diagrams. The whole road network is visualized in a 2-D view. The road design also interacts closely with the 3-D animation software MotionDesk to define the environment. The Road Generator gives ideal support to complex traffic scenario creation in the development and testing of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS).
- Support for advanced driver assistance traffic scenarios
- Segment and coordinate-based road definition
- Up to 5 lanes per driving direction
- Intersections and junctions
- Height, inclination, and surface condition applied via segment independent road coordinates
- Easy definition of bumps, profiles, split μ areas, etc.
- Dedicated 1D and 2D views of road features
- Road import from NAVTEQ ADAS Research Platform (ADAS RP)
- GPS coordinate exchange with ADAS RP
- Road networks and predefined sceneries are automatically imported in MotionDesk (city center, country road, highways)
- Definition of driving routes