Interface to LIN bus
- For rapid control prototyping and hardware-in-the-loop simulation in a LIN environment
- LIN master and slave support
- 16 independent LIN channels
- Up to 16 LIN nodes per LIN channel
- Supports LIN 1.3 and 2.0 and 2.1
Application Areas in Rapid Control Prototyping
The DS4330 and the corresponding software can be used for developing and testing electronic control units (ECUs) which communicate with LIN actors and sensors. For rapid control prototyping purposes – laboratory-based or vehicle-based – real LIN slaves can be connected to the prototyping system that simulates the ECU under development as the master node.
Application Areas in Hardware-in-the-Loop-Simulation
Using dSPACE Simulator and a DS4330, you can test the LIN network features of an electronic control unit. The dSPACE system simulates the LIN nodes which are connected to the LIN bus. The simulated LIN nodes behave in exactly the same way as real bus members (restbus simulation).
The DS4330 can be used in many different ways. Several test scenarios are possible:
- Testing the transmission of message frames
- Testing communication timing constraints
- Testing against specification limits
- Testing diagnostic and failure conditions
- Testing energy-saving modes
Comprehensive Software Support
The DS4330 provides a LIN interface for the connection of dSPACE systems to LIN busses. You can set up and control these simulated LIN buses with the RTI LIN MultiMessage Blockset. The RTI LIN MultiMessage Blockset (supporting LIN standards 1.3, 2.0 and 2.1) is an extension for Real-Time Interface and can be used for combining dSPACE systems with LIN communication networks and for configuring these LIN networks. With the RTI LIN MultiMessage Blockset you can handle complex LIN setups, which lets you control and configure all unconditional and event-triggered LIN frames from one single Simulink block (configuration via database file).