HighFlex board for power-switching, with Failure Insertion Unit
- Central Failure Insertion Unit (FIU)
- Switched battery voltage
- Failure insertion
- High-precision current measurement on each channel
The DS2642 FIU & Power Switch Board combines two components:
- Central Failure Insertion Unit (FIU) for simulating failures for the I/O channels of the SCALEXIO HighFlex boards and MultiCompact unit
- Power switches for simulating up to 10 switched potentials, for example, on terminal K15
The central FIU on the DS2642 is connected to the failure routing units of the I/O boards via the fail rails. It switches the failures for the channels on the boards.
The following options are available:
- Broken wires on individual channels, with or without bouncing
- Crossed wire between two channels, with or without bouncing
- Short circuit to a fixed potential such as the supply voltage, with or without bouncing
The failures are prepared on the I/O boards by relays, and failure insertion is performed by semiconductor switches on the central FIU. The result is a fast switching frequency that enables loose contacts to be simulated.
The power switch provides 10 switchable channels, which can supply current to the external devices such as ECUs and loads, or measure the current at the external devices. The central FIU can also use the power switch channels to simulate short circuits to the supply to the ECU. The channels can be bundled to increase the current, and are selected in ConfigurationDesk®. Several DS2642s can be used in one SCALEXIO system.
The power consumption of the connected components can be measured precisely on each power switch channel.